Thursday, January 3, 2008

This Book Will Change Your Life: Day 3

Day 3: Throw Something Away You Like
I started the day off with a suggestion I got from my friend. I told her a story about this wallet that I've had since the 5th grade. I haven't used it since my Junior year in high school but I've kept it. It just had so many memories. I used to fill up the picture section with pictures of girls, or pictures of me and girls because it made me feel gangster. Uber pimp! Haha. But not only that. It was with me through some of the best and worst times in my life. Even better, no matter when or where I lost it, I always got it back. For example, I lost it in Hawaii, and got it mailed back to me. Then, I lost it on campus one day, with a 100 dollar bill in it. And got it back intact. Well, aside from my pimp ass pictures full of girls. Haha. And yes, they were girls I actually knew. I went through it and it actually made me sad that I threw it away.

But from then on I made a commitment, I would fill my trash can full of things I like.

I continued on with the day's task and tossed out all the skateboard pictures on my wall. Following up with things from my desk, and moving on to my shoe boxes full of random trinkets. It felt good. I went through all the times that I'd spent in my room looking at those pictures. I thought about all the people that have come through my room and seen them. And what they might say now that they're gone. I read through all the letters from ex-girlfriends and the random school projects I randomly decided to keep. I went through the gamut of emotions. Happy, sad, excited. It was good.

I still really don't know where this book is taking me. Or how I'm supposed to change. But I figure, everyone is different, yet it claims to change everyone's life. So maybe there's something that I'm supposed to get out of it, that is completely different from what someone else would get out of it. And I'm okay with that.

Some good quotes from things I threw away...

"That's good you can swim... cause you know, some people can't, and that's not so good."

"Not all the seventies was good though. Unfortunate events such as the Watergate Scandal the Vietnam War, and The Saturday Night Massacre."

"Always tell people how you feel about them... you never know if they feel the same"


"Still crushing on tha high school gurl and Allyson? Welz I'm still hella crushing on Carlito and I used to like Gabe, but not anymore!"

DAY 4:
World Coloring in day. Color in where you've been with one color. Then color in the countries you want to go with another. And lastly, color in ones that you would never go to with a different color. And plan for the future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's a pretty hard task for me to do, throwing out things that have sentimental value to me. i'm pretty much of a pack rat, even though (like you said) i haven't used some items of mine in years.
anywho, i like reading these blog enties. keep it up, guys.
love you.

markiebe said...

It's like the book is tellin you "yo you had good times with this thing but its time to throw it away and move on as you have plenty of other things to enjoy and cherish as of right now" thats good shit though i have a feeling this book will change some aspect of your life.