Wednesday, January 2, 2008

He said, she said...

As the new year starts, we seem to strive for change. We effortlessly create resolutions to further better ourselves for the new year. Some may seem as simple as to not cursing or complicated as a complex diet and excersie plan. Some resolutions may be simple to conqure while others are close to impossible. Despite the range of variety, there are a few resolutions that everyone should take up. I reacently read the Dear Abby section of the SF Chronicle and came across these.

"I will be happy. I will not dwell on thoughts that depress me."

"I will accept what is. I will face reality. I will correct those things I can correct and accept those I cannot."

"I will improve my mind. I will read something that requires effort, thought and concentration. I will not be a mental loafer."

"I will gather courage to do what is right and take responsibility for my own actions."

The new year brings hope that we all can become a better person. Everyone should take up some kind of resolution and stick to it. Even though it is something small, it makes you a better person that much more. I hope everyone starts their new year right. And lets not use the line, "Hey, theres always next year." Happy new years people.

4 comments:

Messy Jessie said...

great post.
i love those resolutions.
they're more like life long goals.

Anonymous said...

i like.

beetea said...

this year i will get in touch with my skating life.

gnawledge said...

i like this post. im going to make the most out of this year with more knowledge, potential ideas, better rhymes, and hopefully encounter mixing haha. oh, and before i forget, i cant leave out skratchin!