Thursday, January 3, 2008

This Book Will Change Your Life: Day 2

Day 2:
I admit, I took notes on my phone. But only because I had to. But I definitely have some interesting stuff to say about today. I need to re-think my strategy, because unlike the first day, this was a day long thing. But I got some good things about it.

One big thing that came out of today, was that it got me up and out of the house. I knew that I needed to be out in the world so that I could actually look at people. I mean, after all I was supposed to look at everyone as if they could be the love of my life

It started off as if I was trying to see how this person could be the love of my life. For example, if I could adapt to their styles, to their quirks or just to who I thought they were. Essentially, I was looking at all the positives about each person. Which I did enjoy, because I began to look at everyone in a positive light, but then my mood switched.

It went from looking at the positives, to imagining the possibilities. For example, instead of looking for what I could connect with, I started to picture myself doing everyday tasks with this person (i.e. grocery shopping, waking up next to them, kissing them, etc.) And it was a good thought. It got me talking to people.

I learned a lot of things from the random people I talked to. Mostly, not to be scared of what they have to say, because most likely, they won't put you down, rather explain themselves. And it's always good to hear stories.

Lastly, my friend Cosella, got me thinking about the other possible loves of your life. I mean, your kids, your family or your friends. These are all people you love or could possibly love, and what is it about these people that make them the love of your life.

I learned a few things from this. Mostly, what I like to see or how I would like to see people interact. With potential. With the potential that they could be something amazing. No matter how content you are.

DAY 3:
Throw something you like away!

No comments: