Saturday, October 13, 2007

Thoughts: Niche

Something new. Just a little bit different. A new town, no clue what to do, and hour upon hours of free time. So what did I do yesterday? What I do best. I got messed up! But did somethin other than sit around.



I was invited to a comedy show at the improv. And I was excited. It had been a while, and I wasn't sure what to expect. And as you normally do when you're a bit inebriated. You get lost. And goodness was I lost. But as with most weekends, you just go with it. And that is what I did. We rolled down Brea boulevard to a part of town I had never been before. Blinding lights and loads of people, with a group of people I had never been out with before, and I didn't know whether to be scared or to just enjoy the fact that I had something to do this weekend. It started off good, parked in the garage, reminiscent of my days goin downtown in San Jose. And there I was, downtown Brea, ready to figure this scene out. Luckily, my roommate and his friends had it all figured out. Show up late, sit a little farther back, and don't wait in line. They even got me my tickets from the box office so I didn't have to deal with people while under the influence. It was perfect, people all around, warm up videos, a house comedian, a surprise guest and a cheap ticket. The venue was perfect. Seated at tables, so it had more of a friendly feel. Seated right near someone else, positioned so you could mingle. Some one at my back, a person to my right, people right across from me and happy hour drink prices for those ready to get down. It couldn't be any more fun.

I think I've found my new favorite thing to do...

laughing makes life go by smoother..

No comments: