Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Median & Little Brother

Two CDs to hit up mos def

Median - Relief

Little Brother - Get Back


I first heard of this cat Median on Little Brother's album. One of the members of J-league But then again on this podcast I used to listen to at work. I listened to Rize, a pre-release from Relief, and let me tell you that track was something else. For me, this is where I get my influence from. Tracks like Median's with lyrics based on the possibilities. What could happen, how the world is and what ifs? The shit is hot. But definitely check out some of his stuff, and support what you want to support. As for me, I think it's about time I get down on this ish

Little Brother. First introduced to me, by my friend. I admit I didn't pick up the first few albums until after I burned them off a friend. But they got me going. They brought style a skill back into hip-hop. They're an intellectual duo, with a lot more to talk about than money and bitches. So since I've yet to listen to this CD, am interested to hear how Phonte and Big Pooh got down on this without 9th Wonder.

No comments: