Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Thoughts: Courtesy

Now when did we all of a sudden turn into this barbarous people. I mean, we started from there, but it seems sometimes as if we are regressing.

Funny the event that sparks this post, occurred only moments ago. But nonetheless, quite true.

Do you say thank you when someone holds a door open for you? Do you let ladies go first? There are things to be said about courtesy and manners, and I think sometimes people don't have any

I just recently held a door open for someone. With not so much as a mutter of thanks. I admit that I may lightly say thank you when someone opens the door for me. But I at least make sure that I'm loud enough to make sure the mutter is heard.

This is my point:

If someone has the courtesy to go out of their way to do something, no matter how small. Say thank you. If you do not know how to act around someone, be polite. If there is anything you are unsure, use your manners. That's it. Civility is what I'm supporting. Let's not regress any further, I don't want to be sleeping in cave's and dragging my women by their hair tomorrow. Thanks!

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

thank you for making that point jello. i work in retail and sometimes i don't hear it, but when i do i really appreciate it. it ain't easy!

Anonymous said...

AMEN, jello!