Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Music: R.I.P. Pimp C



It's a sad day in Hip-hop. Always is when someone passes on.

I admit I didn't listen to too much Pimp C, or really pay much attention to him. But as soon as it hit, where I was in music, I started checking it out. I mean I started listening to UGK just recently, but as far as some of Pimp C's other work goes, it was pretty gangster.

Pimp C started out in a group called Mission Impossible, until they disbanded, and Pimp C joined with Bun B to form UGK. Their debut album came out in 1999, when they signed a 5 record deal with Jive Records.

Although there were a few set backs, in the way things were all planned out, UGK recently came out with the album Swishas and Dosha, a two disc medley of songs.

He had some work on the way, including more collaborations with Three 6 Mafia, as well as his solo career with Jive.

A life that'll definitely be missed on the scene.

No comments: