Thursday, December 20, 2007

bomb$hell life in review:

I just finished watching Lakai's first official skate video Fully Flared. Not only has this video inspired me to get off my lazy ass and skate, but also to post my very first blog, yaaayyyy!

Spike In all seriousness, this video rocked hard! Its been a long time since I've actually watched a skate video, and even longer time since I bought one, but I have no regrets with this film. Fully Flared is far more than a gutter punk skate rat video, it is a damn near epic cinematic masterpiece, haha well sorta. Directed by Ty Evans and Spike Jonze, muthaeffin Spike Jonze guys, what more can you really ask for.

The skating is so official, with classic parts from Eric Koston, Mike Carroll, and Rick Howard. These guys are straight OG's in the game, but still rip it hard with so much steeze. Also an up and comer named Mike Mo Capaldi, absolutely destroys his part. This kid is only 15! (he looks 30 though). To top it off, my favorite skater Marc Johnson's unique style just flows through his whole part, he's a bad asss dude.

Nothing really more to say, but just watch this ishh! Even if your not a skateboarder, one can still appreciate the cinematography in this video, its beautiful! So here is a tease trailer for Fully Flared, don't be mistaken by it, there is some seriousness skating held down:



p.s. I have the movie, so if anyone wants to watch it, just holllla!

4 comments:

Peter fails said...

veteran line up ftmfw

beetea said...

dope. i love how skate boarding videos always have sick edits. maybe its time for me to do a rollerblader's review...

virg said...

on point!

Anonymous said...

Marc Johnson's part was G in that movie, hella footage.