Monday, October 13, 2008

Jim Jones - Not on My Level


I know I was just talkin about beef earlier, but let me set some guidelines. Pac and Biggie, they were both on the same level. Lyricists to the highest degree. That's why that beef pulled weight. Now on the other hand, there are people that just say some dumb ass shit. Here it goes:
Take that Boston hat off homie, you're not a champion. I was reading an article, where they were talking to Jim Jones about T.I.'s Swagga Like Us track. Essentially what he went on about in the article was that
  1. He doesn't see anyone in the hood, saying, "I want to be like T.I, Kanye or Jay-Z" but I guess he's heard people from the hood say they want to be like him.
  2. That Nas, has not and never will be on his level.

It may seem like I took it out of context, but go look the original interview up. In a nutshell, that's what he said. So let me discuss these situations.

  1. In the song, no one ever said that they were looked up to. They only said, that no one else had "swagga" like them. And if you look it up in the dictionary, it's not going to be there. But the way that I understand it is this. "Swagga" has nothing to do with people from the hood wanting to be with you. It has to do with the way you walk, the way you talk and the confidence in your stride. So homie, I don't need people to look up to me to have "swagga" It's something you just have.
  2. Nas is not on your level? Yeah homie, he'll never be on your level because he won't ever come out with tracks like Ballin. So maybe he hasn't sold out, but that's why he's saying that hip-hop is dead, because if rappers like you. Ballin? homie please, you act like your the shit, when you're trying to come out frontin Jay-Z. Check this out, you don't make half the money Jay-Z does, and you don't come out with half the substance Nas does. So when you get to either of those levels go ahead and start calling people out.

Stay in your league homie, you should be wearin a Kansas City Royals hat son.

2 comments:

see. BLANCO said...

well said dogg, jim jones is trippin, plus that swagger like us song..SLAPP!

Peter fails said...

so this guy had the opportunity to give himself a hollywood name...and he named himself jim jones...