Saturday, September 1, 2007

Thoughts: East Coast Tip

It's a trip out here, you really got to check it out. Musically, mentally, just everything I guess. Check out this line-up

Mos, Talib, & Common (08/26)
Heroes Stars (08/28)
Ozomatli (08/29)
Kanye West (09/11)

and that's just the ones I knew about. In fact, I didn't even know about the Mos, show until I talked to people standing in line for it. Also, this isn't including the countless number of broadway shows, and comedy acts you can see on a daily basis out here.

But definately, it is a must do, once in your life, you got to get out on this east coast tip. Immerse yourself and ride the subway, hit up, manhattan, the bronx, brooklyn. Or just go wherever you want. Screw those bus tours, and tourist traps, get lost and find your way back. Life in motion. It's definately a big change from California living. From the extreme tempertatures, to the public transportation, there's no way you can experience this kind of lifestyle anywhere on the west coast. No doubt, Cali is home, and I got that love for days, but it's a trip seeing a good amount of people walking around at any hour of the day. I can remember my longest day here, up for almost 24 hours straight, talking to some spanish florist on the corner near NYU, trying to hit up the subway to harlem. Definately, not your daily lifestyle.

But this was my challenge for anyone, that I dreamt up last night. Step out of your norm for a bit. B.T. inspired this one. Turn your phone off for a day, don't answer anything and get outside, immerse yourself wherever you are. I realized that it's part of being in routine, and we need to bust out of it. So do something completely different, if it feels normal, stop and do something else.

Enjoy Ya'll.. back in the West Monday!