Monday, September 10, 2007

Argument Hour: Music - Critique

Don't ask why I'm posting this freakin early. But I saw a few things that I think I need to address.

Topic # 1 - Brittney Performance

Performance

Although, I have to admit, that the woman put on a pretty bad performance compared to the Brittney we once knew. We have to consider the circumstances. For one, how many of you would actually be able to perform on such a big platform. Not only that, but also performing knowing that everyone, not only just in the room, but around the world at this point thinks you're an idiot. It took courage to do what Brittney did, to get out on that stage after all this drama in her personal life and try to reprove her competence to a nation. I think Brittney saw the way her life is heading, realized that it wasn't good for her and she's turning herself around. It's not easy being a star sometimes. Yes there's money and fame, but there's also a nation full of people that can love or hate you at the drop of the dime. Don't let tabloids and all that bull shit take over your brain. Try and see the bigger picture.

This is for the pessimists. At times however, Brittney did at times seem like she was a bit high or perhaps drunk, shoot it's Vegas. Haha

Topic #2 - Graduation

I'm talking about Kanye. There's one thing that I love about Kanye's CDs. It's that for a good minute, you'll catch yourself saying one of his lines. Not that you're even singing. But you're thinking, "Damn, how did he come up with that?" Take some of the lines from Drunk and Hot Girls, or Everything I Am. Kanye has definitely grown since his debut album. The topics are still hilarious, but he has some joints that are real chill and meaningful. It's like Kanye's version of Mos Def's True Magic. I mean it's not comparable because they got different styles, but I'm talking meaning wise. A short CD but definitely a joint to pick up.

No comments: