Friday, March 28, 2008

This Book Will Change Your Life: Day 87

It's been a while since I've done these, but this one got me to thinkin quite a bit.

Day 87: Send a message in Morse code out your window and wait to see if someone responds

So I did this but odds were definitely against me. I mean, how many people really know Morse code, how many people would just happen to be looking out their window, and how many people would actually respond back. But this is the part that got me thinking. The book offered a few suggestions on what to say in Morse code.

For example:

Just kidding,
or
I feel lonely and randy, fancy some fun?

It reminded me of when I was young and I'd go fishing with my dad. I would send S.O.S. across the lake to see if someone would respond with their flashlight. Thing was, I didn't know anything else in Morse code, except S.O.S. So if I understood their message, that meant their ship needed saving as well.

So I went ahead and did it, and as I expected, no response. But what about the lucky ones? I was not one of the select few, who got the chance to gain a response. Imagine the conversations. Dot Dash Dot Dot Dot, Dash Dot Dot Dot Dash Dash Dot. That mean's I'm friggin awesome, nice to meet you. Haha not really, but oo the possibilities. You could keep your Morse code messages secret, just between the two of you. "Again tomorrow, 3:30" or "It was nice Morsing with you, again sometime soon?" Because for that one moment, you had something in common with that person. Just a few thoughts on how to relate with people. Get out there and chop it up, people are interesting, get to know em'.

No comments: