Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Yuri's Night

Its been awhile, but I'm back! I've been busy handling some other shit and have learned to manage my time better, so lets get the ball rolling again. Over the past weekend, I was able to check out Yuri's Night at Moffet Field, this was the 49th anniversary of the first astronaut sent into outer space. The function was as diverse as diverse can be, from hip-hop heavy hitters such as Common to Trekkies and men with 7-inch high space boots. Yuri's Night's purpose is to promote and celebrate the history of space travel, NASA has been holding this event every April 12th since 2001. The highlights of the day was seeing performances by DJ Q-Bert, N.E.R.D, Glitch Mob, and Common. So I suggest everyone to check it out next year, especially since it will the 50th anniversary and from the official website, they said the planning is already in the works.
Bookmark and Share

No comments: