Thursday, June 5, 2008

Stop Racism


As most of you know, I had my basketball hoop taken away from me a couple of weeks ago. In desperation I was searching for basketball hoops that appeared not in use. On Cataldi, I came across a residence that had a hoop that didn’t seem to be in utilized. I decided to knock on the door to ask my neighbors if could possibly put their hoop to good use. Upon ringing the doorbell, I was browsing around and noticed an American flag, and Dallas Cowboys Harley Davidson, Dale Earnhardt stickers. After seeing these items, I was under the impression I was at a “white house” and I was beginning to think I was going to come home empty handed. The woman behind the door asked who was there and I responded “your neighbor from down the street.” After our short conversation was over, I knocked on the door two more times and the door never opened. I started to leave the house and noticed a confederate draped on a rear view mirror on one of their cars and I put the pieces together. American and confederate flags, Dale Earnhardt, Harley Davidson and Dallas Cowboys (Americans football team) stickers are possible items of “red neck”, racist, ignorant, motherfuckers. I was pissed off because the woman behind the door didn’t care what I had to say because she noticed by looking through the peephole in her door; I was a person of color. Living in the Bay Area, I didn’t think these types of people existed in our area and made me realize that racism still is a major issue in this country and is alive.

3 comments:

JLeague said...

Lets start a Team..

Team Eracist.. or make a shirt that says that

armin-ultra said...

racism sucks and its not something we really have any control of. it happens every day to people everywhere. we've all been a victim of it and its not a pleasant feeling. in a case like this, we gotta take a step back and look at the situation before we make any assumptions, looking like hypocrites. theres so many different levels of racism out there.. from groups like the kkk to the homies just craking jokes.
saying she's not a racist, she has cause not to open that door. let me remind you all that we do not live in a perfect world where every door that we open awaits a smiling face. there are crazy people out there with crazy intentions. she might have been home alone taking extra precaution.. moms, grandmas.. of all races do this all the time. i remember waiting outside my grandmas house, ringing the doorbell, knocking on the door for 15 minutes before she opened it haha.
with the confederate flag and all these other things that come in to place, it is highly possible that she is white and maybe even a racist, haha. but before we go off hating we should take another glance, ya feel?
don't get me wrong blanco, i got your back. so if that lady is a racist, FUCK THAT BITCH!

see. BLANCO said...

Armins right, I may of drawn to conclusions to fast but after being a victim of racism on several occasions I'm speaking with a bias. But on the real racisms a BITCH and so was that woman.