Thursday, August 23, 2007

"They say you can't please everybody"



As all of you may know, Talib Kweli dropped his 4th solo album earlier this week entitled "Ear Drum". I'll be honest and say I downloaded the album about a month prior to the official release. Now does that mean I don't support the artist? No. That just means I'm a broke motherfucker. I support him when I go to his concerts, and when I have extra money to throw around of course I'll shell out some cash to buy his entire discography. As for now, I am perfectly satisfied with my Memorex edition.

After listening through it a few times, this album is a cut above his other recent albums/mixtapes. There are plenty of collaborations on this album from KRS-One to Musiq to UGK and even Justin Timberlake. The first half of tracks outshine the back half but that doesn't make the latter bad. I'd love to talk about all the tracks but I'd need another listen-through to refresh myself with the songs. Some of my favorites as I recall: "Country Cousins", "Hot Thing", "NY Weather Report", "Say Something", "Holy Moly". Maybe I'll do a full review on the album later on but as for now get out there and cop this album in whichever way you can and here what this man has to say because he speaks the truth.

No comments: